- Anyone over the age of 21 can buy legalized marijuana and you do not have to be a resident of the State of Washington
- Legalized marijuana will likely be up for sale sometime in the spring of 2014 if all goes well.
- Only authorized retail stores will be allowed to sell legalized marijuana and the number of those stores will be limited based on a formula that distributes the number of locations proportionate to the most populous cities in each county.
- Retail marijuana stores will be open between the hours of 8 a.m. and 12 a.m.
- The cost is estimated to be $12 per gram, but taxes may push this price even higher.
- A single transaction will be limited to one ounce of usable marijuana, sixteen ounces of marijuana infused product in solid form or seventy two ounces of marijuana infused product in liquid form.
- You will not be allowed to give marijuana away to another person. This will be considered delivering marijuana and will be a felony offense.
- In Washington, you will only be allowed to smoke marijuana in your home. If you smoke in public, you will face a civil fine. Some entrepreneurs are looking into creating "private clubs".
- I-502 only allows for possession of marijuana and does not give you the license to grow your own marijuana. Growing one plant is still considered manufacturing marijuana and will be classified as a felony.
- Driving under the influence of marijuana is still illegal and can lead to a DUI. If you are pulled over with more than .5 nanograms per mil of active THC in your blood then you can be charged with DUI.
Saturday, July 20, 2013
What YOU Need to Know About Legalized Marijuana
Marijuana is now legal in the State of Washington; however, that does not mean that "anything goes". There are still laws and regulations in place that will govern who can buy marijuana, how much marijuana you are allowed to buy, and who can provide, sell, and grow marijuana. If I-502 has you a little hazy, here are some important facts YOU need to know about legalized marijuana in Washington.
Posted by Ferrar Copywriters at 1:04 PM